Friday, 22 June 2012

A Peek at My Garden

A preponderance of pink!

Let's go for wander...

Julia Correvan the viticella clematis is beautiful this year. I didn't prune it at all but I think I gave it some blood, fish and bone in Feb. If you notice the arch in the background this is where New Dawn shows off her beauty.

We go under the arch and

Fantin Latour is on the right. In front of us is

my little cherub and the stone bench. We turn to go through the second arch.

where Romantica clematis, honeysuckle and poppies are on the right.

This arch doesn't have a rose yet but I'm thinking about it!

 

Look back briefly through the other way and then...

into the kitchen garden

you'll see my little corner where I sit and have a cup of tea.

Zac likes to sit in the shade there too!

Over the bird table in the middle of the herb garden grows St Cecilia and she's very beautiful too, as is Rosa Glauca.

This part of the garden is shaded by

Kolkwitzia, The Fairy rose and a beautiful white Deutzia.

Charles de Mills (on the left in pic) has a nasty case of mildew this year but is still spectacular nonetheless.

Behind us now is the trellis.

More pink roses! Cornelia, Veilchenblau and Eden.

Back through the gate under another arch, a living arch of willow.

I carved this little sign with my Dremel!

We are almost back to the start now. Here's a few we missed along the way.

Gladiolus communis and clematis Pink Fantasy. Centaurea dealbata and New Dawn again.

 

This is Young Lycidus snuggled in amongst golden oregano. And just to show you I do have the occasional hot colour too here is Candle in the Wind.

 

 

Hope you've enjoyed the little tour.

 

4 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. It's so lovely when the roses and clematis come out isn't it, even the rotten weather seems nicer with the scent of roses in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your flowers! Thank you for these pictures, your garden is so pretty and warm, even though you say the weather is rotten! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Quelle jolie fleures!! J`adore!! :O)
    Et j`adore votre blog ausie il est MAGNIFIQUE!!!!!!!!!! Et mentenent je suis votre nouveau member!!! :O)
    Bonne semaine!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these photos ~ your garden is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete